Real Life Sucks When It Eats Up Reading and Reviewing Time

As the title says. =(

Work is currently kicking my ass! I can't wait for the Christmas holidays to arrive! Sadly, due to the crunch time at work, I am behind a couple of reviews. I'll be making a proper review for each of these titles, but I'll leave a short teaser for now.

 Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan

Perfectly Imperfect
Mirror, mirror … who’s the fairest of them all?

I still cringe when I hear that line. A fairy tale that had girls pretending they were the fairest, the most beautiful, and the most entitled. A fairy tale most couldn’t grow out of turned my haunted childhood memories into a living nightmare. Girls who grew up believing that pile of garbage became the meanest of all ‘mean girls.’

And those mean girls were right – it was a line meant for all the beautiful people in the world – and I knew the answer would never be me.

--- The very first pages of the first chapter is how a first chapter should be! It will grab you and convince you to find the nearest comfy chair, grab a pillow, and have your favorite drink nearby.

In a nutshell, this was emotional but not so that it's overly dramatic. There's a lot of humor, actually, and it follows the recipe for redemption and the nasty people getting their comeuppance (evil grin), which I really loved.


Beneath These Scars by Meghan March

Beneath These Scars (Beneath, #4)
I’m the guy you love to hate. 

In every story in my life, I seem to end up playing the villain—and I’ve got the scars to prove it.

That role works fine for me, because I’m sure as hell not anyone’s hero. 

--- I love any good old bad-boy romance, but when the hero is a sophisticated meanie who doesn't cheesily turn into a goodie at the end, I love it even more! 

Lucas "fucking" Titan truly lives up to his moniker. We first know him in the second book of the series. Even then, he was a major jerk... so of course, he just had to have his own book, wink2!







I highly recommend these books for holiday reading. These are the stories you'd want to finish because they will leave you feeling giddy and happy inside. =)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Shoot me a comment below.